Yes, it is possible to grow cold growing PNG Dendrobiums in hot Miami – here are a few of the new buds starting in our hot summer – first pic Dendrobium subacaule with 2 new buds, second picture Dendrobium Flower Baby ‘White Tips (Victoria reginae x cuthbertsonii cross) first bud in my care, last two pics Dendrobium cuthbertsonii red with two buds (third blooming in past 12 months).
One of my favorite! Took just a few months break from spiking. This micro baby can bloom nonstop for some 10 months! Cold growing species that does grows perfectly in Miami inside & in the glass orb together with Lepanthes telipogoniflora 😉
One of the easy growing Masdies, blooms year round in the small glass orb. Mosses are thriving on the hygrolon mount too.
Related Articles and Websites
- How to Cultivate Cool-Growing Miniature Orchids in the Hot Zone (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Tomas Bajza and His Exotic Miniature Orchids (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Tomas Bajza speaks on “Giant World of Miniature Orchids & How to Grow ‘COOL’ in Miami” (cosspecies.com)
- Tarzane Group: Micro and Miniature Orchids (tarzanegroup.com) Tomas Bajza’s orchid website where his orchids are available for sale.
- Miniature Orchids in Perspective 🔎✾🔍 (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Mystacidium capense: A Dainty Orchid from South Africa (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Miniature Orchids Shared in the Queensland Orchid Society Facebook Page (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- An Intimate Parade of Miniature Orchids: Petite Beauty in Minute Detail (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Miniature (dailypost.wordpress.com)