Promoting diverse interchange of sciences, arts, ideas and cultures pertaining to orchids via dynamic, interactive formats with an international horizon.
Culturally, orchids are in themselves fascinating to discover, examine, cultivate and display for enjoyment or competition. Commercially, they are very important ingredients to gardening, floristry and horticulture, involving art, science, technology and the business of producing and marketing flowers and ornamental plants to consumers. Functionally, they are highly diverse and specialized organisms present in many ecosystems worldwide, constituting about 10% of all flowering plant species (angiosperms), and forming countless relationships with other life forms. Indeed, the complexities of orchidaceae are both rooted and manifested in variability, seasonality and regionality.
The state of Queensland in Australia is very important in providing the natural habitats for many species of orchids, especially the epiphytes, as discussed in the post entitled ❀Queensland Orchids❀. According to Australian Orchid Genera – an information and identification system:
Many terrestrial species are prominent flowering elements of the understorey in a range of habitats in the mesic parts of Australia, whereas the majority of epiphytes occur in tropical Queensland.
We would like to welcome you and the whole world with an interactive platform that is serving not only as a dynamic hub equipped with informative websites, social media and communal blog for amassing tips, ideas and findings, but also as the ongoing embodiment of a fully functioning horticultural and artistic community with specific goals and missions towards culturing, promoting and preserving orchids in all their diversity, including static displays, inventive presentations, works of art, video and photography.
Welcome to ✿❀ Queensland Orchid International ❀✿, a global orchid society and diverse community with an international horizon. It is available for joining or following by all and sundry in various ways from anywhere in Queensland, anywhere in Australia, and any country in the world, regardless of their level of expertise and cultural background.
On the whole, ✿❀ Queensland Orchid International ❀✿ promotes diverse interchange of sciences, arts, ideas and cultures pertaining to orchids via dynamic, interactive formats with an international horizon, welcoming orchids from all regions and cultures in the world, such that the subject matters of stories, photos, videos and other media can be demonstrated or investigated under the rubric of ORCHID FLORAL ART, which includes the following:
Whilst the diverse interchange of sciences, arts, ideas and cultures pertaining to orchids is presented at ✿❀ Queensland Orchid International ❀✿ in ORCHID FLORAL ART, ORCHID CULTURE and ORCHID FEATURES, the format, relevance, significance and validity of specific topics can be further enhanced or focused under the following themes and events, such as:
✿❀ Objectives ❀✿
- To promote learning and discovery as well as to foster diverse interaction and creative synergy amongst individuals, societies, organizations and other entities interested in orchid culture and horticulture generally.
- To seek, collect, identify, develop, categorise, preserve, present or disseminate (intellectual or ecological) knowledge pertaining to orchids, particularly their natural history, cultivation and hybridization, as well as their representation and embodiment in art, science and culture.
- To provide a forum or conduit for conducting or presenting research and educational activities into various aspects of orchidaceae.
- To increase the recognition and survival of threatened species and native flora through sharing and promoting farsighted practices in conservation, cultivation and sustainable development.
– Phantom Orchid (Cephalanthera austiniae)
– Bee orchid (Ophrys apifera)
– Fly orchid (Ophrys insectifera)
– Mirror orchid (Ophrys speculum)
– Red Helleborine Orchid (Cephalanthera rubra)
– Nettle-leaved bellflower (Campanula trachelium)
– Hammer orchid (Drakaea glyptodon)
– Wasp (Zaspilothynnus trilobatus)
– Lady’s slipper orchids (Cypripedium calceolus)
– Dracula orchids (Dracula terborchii and Dracula andreettae)
– Spider orchids (Genus Caladenia)
– Cigar Orchid (Cyrtopodium punctatum)
– Venus slipper (Paphiopedilum Maudiae)
✿❀ Contact ❀✿
〠 Contact SoundEagle if you wish to publish some article(s) with ✿❀ Queensland Orchid International ❀✿, or want more interaction or communication, or like to submit inquiries or service request, or wish to employ SoundEagle’s expertise.
Message for SoundEagle
✿❀Community and Connectivity❀✿
Companion Websites and Social Media
Companion Chatroom and Forum
- ❀Contents❀ (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- ✿❀ Queensland Orchid International ❀✿ (soundeagle.wordpress.com)
- ❀Queensland Orchids❀ (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- The Scents and Smells of Orchids ❀👃✾ (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Phalaenopsis: Novice’s Orchid, Mother’s Day Gift and woodlandgnome’s House Plant ✾💃🎁🏡 (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Introduction (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Cooktown Orchid (Dendrobium bigibbum, Dendrobium phalaenopsis, Vappodes phalaenopsis): Floral Emblem of Queensland, Australia 🇦🇺 (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Cooktown Orchid (Vappodes phalaenopsis) ― Floral Emblem of Queensland, Australia 🇦🇺 (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- 80th Anniversary of The Queensland Orchid Society Inc. 🎊8️⃣0️⃣🍹 (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- ✿❀ Queensland Orchid Society ❀✿ (soundeagle.wordpress.com)
- Queensland Orchid Society 2014 February Bulletin, Autumn Show, Queensland International Orchid Fair, World Orchid Conference (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Glorious Orchid Specimens in 2013 Spring Show Competition (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Queensland Orchids in Wikipedia (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Queensland Orchids on YouTube (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- ✿❀ Queensland Orchid Society ❀✿ (pottedplantsociety.wordpress.com)
- Glorious Orchid Specimens in 2013 Spring Show Competition (pottedplantsociety.wordpress.com)
- Queensland Orchids in Wikipedia (queenslandorchid.wordpress.com)
- Australian Orchid Genera – an information and identification system (anbg.gov.au)
- Orchids of Australia (australiangeographic.com.au)
- VIDEO: Bizarre orchid behaviours revealed (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Deceptive orchids: luring wasps for pollination (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Mimicking mantis outperforms orchids (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Underground orchid is evolutionary enigma (australiangeographic.com.au)
- Rare spider orchid sprouts after bushfires (australiangeographic.com.au)
- ‘Extinct’ orchid found after 70 years (australiangeographic.com.au)
- World’s first night-flowering orchid discovered (australiangeographic.com.au)
- All About Orchids: Everything You Need To Know About Orchids (houseplants.about.com)
- 1 Introduction to orchids (orchidsusa.com)
- Getting the Lowdown on Orchids (what-when-how.com)
- Orchids: different colours and shapes for everyone (allyouneedisbiology.wordpress.com)
- About Orchids: Some of Nature’s Most Interesting Flowers (manythings.org)
- How did the orchid originate and evolve? (natureecoevocommunity.nature.com)
- Guest Blog: Darwin and the Lost Art of the Naturalist (movingsushi.com)
- Getting intimate with Nature (bravonatalis.wordpress.com)
- Rare orchids put on their best summer display in years (thetimes.co.uk)
- Will My Orchid Last: 6 Quick Tips to Help You Evaluate an Orchid (proplants.com)
- Phalaenopsis Orchids Plant Care Guide (proplants.com)
- New Flower Spike (motorcyclesbooksandfructose.wordpress.com)
- The Rise And Progress Of Orchid Culture (theorchidsblog.wordpress.com)
- Hilo Orchid Society Preview Party Benefits Scholarship Fund and Ku’ikahi Mediation Center (damontucker.com)
- Home (marzyswonderland.wordpress.com)